Saturday, August 27, 2011

"I'm Ready For My Close-up..."

If you ask anyone involved with animal adoption, they will tell you:  It is harder to find homes for black animals than animals of other colors.  For some reason, potential adopters tend to look past the little black (or black and white) faces of hopeful candidates to cats or dogs of other colors.  In the cat world, this is especially puzzling since black cats are known for their outgoing and amusing personalities.  And, as you can see from the photos below, these cats are anything but homely.  In fact, when I sent out word that I was doing this blog, many of the photos that came back to me were photos of "foster failures"; that is, cats who starteded out as fosters, but won the hearts of their foster families and ended up being adopted by them.

The cats below offer a sampling of the cats that HSAPL has available for adoption.  I hope you'll look closely and that one of them will "speak" to you.  If that happens, please give us a call at 772-463-7386.  We'll make arrangements for you to meet this kitty and decide for yourself whether or not this beautiful feline should become a part of your family.

                                        FARLEY-- Just doing a little work on my triceps

                      TRIGGER--Look into my eyes--you are getting sleepy . . .You will adopt me

                                   EBONY--Yes, it's all natural, and I love to be brushed!

                                        BONNIE--dreaming of food, yummy, yummy food

KING GEORGE--Yes, I am royally handsome and elegant!  I'm feline leukemia positive, but not contagious to humans or dogs.  I just need a home that doesn't have cats.

And, here's our gallery of some of the beautiful cats that have found forever homes:

                       BOOTSIE--I'll just blend in with this tree and no one will know I'm here.

                                                          OLIVE--Aaaah, life is good!

                                                 HOOVER--Horn broken, listen for siren

                                             NELLIE--Whoa, Nellie, this bowl sure is big!

CLEO AND BABIES--Yipes, don't these kids ever get enough?!
DARBY--Please, sir, may I have some more?

                        PANDA--You think I'm gorgeous?  Thank you, but I already knew that.


And there you have it; our gallery of beautiful black and black and white cats.  Gorgeous, loving, and full of personality, these cats are all deserving of permanent homes.  Won't you think about adding one to your family?



No comments:

Post a Comment